The University of the Incarnate Word
Section Conclave (also known as the Lone Star Fellowship) is an annual event where nine lodges from Southern Region Section 3 (SR3) get together for fellowship, competitions, and lots of fun while celebrating the traditions of the Order of the Arrow. Scouts from all over south Texas have a blast participating in the numerous special events, games, over the top activities, fun, ceremony and dance competitions, awesome shows, LOTS of patch trading and so much more.
About the Section
The Tatanka Lodge is a part of Southern Region Section 3 (formerly SR2-3S). SR-3 is made up of nine lodges from across south Texas.
Our Spring Assembly (Ordeal Weekend) is coming up fast. Detailed below is a tentative list of projects for BTSR:
2017 Critical Projects
- Alpine Latrine – Install Doors on stalls
- Alpine Latrine – Fix/Install toilets & urinals
- Campsites – Complete the Shelter Covers (Need Welders)
- Campsites – Electrical work for camper & staff
- Campsites – Replace broken boards on picnic tables
- Campsites – Paint picnic tables
- Campsites – Fix cover at Jim Adam Memorial
- Dining Hall – Cover repaired leak at entrance #2
- Green Trail – General Maintenance: loose rocks, trees, etc.
- Pool – Cleaning, Prep, and Filling
- Pool – Fix/Install toilets Bathhouse
- TTE – Set pipe and poles for fence
- WB Stow – Auto Closers for Doors
- Other – Fix Fence at Water Gap
- Other – Repair Swamp Coolers
2017 Other Projects
- Alpine Latrine – Remove scrap metal from area
- Amphitheater – Repair masonry work on fire pits
- Barn – General Maintenance: Roundup Horses & Cleanup
- Campsites – Construct bulletin boards
- Campsites – Remove fencing around tree in alpine
- Dining Hall – Broken Window
- Dirt Work – Heavy Equipment & Dump Truck
- Handicraft Hut – Paint exterior
- Maintenance Yard – Finish cleanup & clearing out junk
- Parade Grounds – Remove fence from tree
- Parade Grounds – Repair door at Well/Pump House
- Pool – External Lights
- Range – Cowboy Action install flag pole, construct hitching rail and finish mine entrance
- Range – External Lights
- Range – Complete handrail at shooting sports
- Range – Construct firing line for archery range
- TTE – Install Flag Poles
- UTV’s – Change Oil & Filters
- WB Stow – Railing on Wheel Chair Ramp
- WB Stow – Install insulation
Save the Date! We were just informed that the 2017 CAF AirSho will be held on Sept 16-17.
Thank you again to everyone who made 2016 a success!
I would like to THANK each of you that helped at the Air Show on August 27-28, 2016. While we did not have the traffic as we did last year, we still had a successful show. Please pass the word to everyone that came, whether 1-4 hours or both days, that their help was greatly appreciated.
Please keep your calendar dates open for next year’s AirSho, tentatively on August 25-29, 2017. I will let you all know the exact dates as we get closer to the event.
If you see any of these individuals (listed below), please THANK them. If I missed anyone, I am sorry and would like to extend a big THANK YOU to you as well!
- Teresa C. and her family on lending their 4 Wheelers.
- Matthew O. for the use of his Trailer.
- Lonnie Y. lending his Portable Generator for AC power and Money Counter.
- Kelly for getting access to the Ready Building for AC power.
- Matthew E. providing maps.
- Barney B. bringing/taking back the Traffic cones.
- Matt V. bringing Water Cans.
- City of Odessa for lending the use of Traffic Cones.
- Dominos for providing Pizza for lunch.
Your Brother in Scouting,
Please help spread the word regarding upcoming events. Together as Arrowmen in the Tatanka Lodge, we can help insure the success of our Council level events. There are several opportunities in the near future for volunteering and for fellowship. Details on all of these events can either be found on our Council Website (www.buffalotrailbsa.org) or on our Lodge Website (www.tatanka141.org).
Lodge Banquet & Training
First and foremost is the Lodge Training and Banquet in December. This special occasion is open to all past and current members of the OA and their guests. It is looking like this might be our best fellowship yet. Registration is scheduled to start at 5:30, with the dinner following at 6:00 pm. The banquet will be located at Odessa Regional Medical Center Auditorium, on the south side of the hospital. The entrance can be found on the east side at the south east corner. Parking is to the south of the building. Additional details at: http://www.tatanka141.org/banquet/
The council is introducing a new activity for this year – the Fall Festival, complete with a hunted hay ride! Come help the Haunted staff scare the Cub Scouts on the Haunted Hayrides. In addition to the ride, we will be looking for assistance with the activities on Saturday afternoon. We are planning to have stations for games, crafts, pumpkin carving, and shooting sports, etc. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Mark Richardson (432) 570-7601. http://buffalotrailbsa.org/fall-festival/
Council Pushmobile is right around the corner – November 12th at 9:30 AM. Once again, we will be looking for Arrowmen to assist with supervising and directing lane traffic during the races. This year will be at the Mid-Cities Church at 8700 TX-191, Midland, TX . Feel free to bring your BBQ grills, yard chairs, and shade. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Andrea Oyler (432) 816-7443. http://buffalotrailbsa.org/pushmobile/
We are offering an amazing selection of merit badges this year at Winter Camp. With over 35+ classes (9 of them being Eagle Required) we are going to need more help than last year. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Mark Richardson (432) 570-7601. Visit our website for details: http://buffalotrailbsa.org/winter-camp/
For any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Mark Richardson and Robert Orona or any of our lodge Chief/Vice-Chiefs and Advisors.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
Buffalo Trail Council, Lone Star District
P 432.212.3577 | F 432.570.7611